by Calculated Risk on 10/31/2023 08:19:00 PM
Note: Mortgage rates are from MortgageNewsDaily.com and are for top tier scenarios.
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:15 AM, The ADP Employment Report for October. This report is for private payrolls only (no government). The consensus is for 135,000 jobs added, up from 89,000 in September.
• At 10:00 AM, Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey for August from the BLS.
• At 10:00 AM, ISM Manufacturing Index for October. The consensus is for 49.0, unchanged from 49.0.
• At 10:00 AM, Construction Spending for September. The consensus is for 0.4% increase in spending.
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Meeting Announcement. No change to FOMC policy is expected at this meeting.
• At 2:30 PM, Fed Chair Jerome Powell holds a press briefing following the FOMC announcement.
• All day: Light vehicle sales for October. The consensus is for sales of 15.1 million SAAR, down from 15.7 million SAAR in September (Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate).